Cafe 7 Front of House Team Leader
See Rock City, Inc Lookout Mountain, GA
Leads and supports the Café 7 Front of House team day-to-day general functions, including serving, hosting, running food, and bar service. Leads FOH team in accordance with our Culture of Excellence and operational goals. Responsible for ensuring work environment meets all prescribed health and safety standards.
- Leads team in accordance with Culture of Excellence and operational goals.
- Delivers excellent guest service in line with the organization’s Mission, Cultures, and Values.
- Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times.
- Greets all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness, delivering excellent guest service.
- Is a liaison to Café 7 Manager. Ensuring “communication is key” attitude.
- Maintains full knowledge of menus, recipes, and other pertinent information, constantly increasing knowledge of food, beverages, and other products and services.
- Answers guest questions about food, beverages, and our facilities accurately and in a friendly manner.
- Provides necessary direction to front of the house partners and ensures that partners perform their assigned duties.
- Develops relationships with guests and provides the highest level of service in accordance with our standards.
- Serves as point of contact to respond to customer requests, feedback and questions in the absence of the manager, doing so in a manner that reflects excellence and professionalism to achieve positive outcomes, keeping manager informed of feedback from both guests and partners.
- Trains new partners to ensure knowledge of opening/closing procedures, guest service expectations, and front of the house duties.
- Oversees daily supervision of partners, along with the manager and other team leaders, motivating and leading them in accordance with our Culture and Values.
- Assists, as necessary, with interview process for new partner candidates.
- Participate in ordering items needed for front of the house and the bar while maintaining and building good relationships with vendors.
- Assists in ensuring health codes and safety standards are followed in order to maintain a high health score.
- Follows checklists and standard operating procedures, including those related to inventory and portion control.
- Maintain daily sales report logs and organize cash, credit and detailed notes as to overs/shorts and any POS problems.
- Ensures adherence to organization policies and procedures at all times.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum 1 year restaurant and/or related food service experience, including direct guest-facing customer service.
- ServSafe Certified, or ability to obtain certification.
- Possess an outgoing, friendly personality and the desire to provide quality service.
- Ability to lead a team of 5-10 people.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in restaurant environment.
- Ability to convey a professional image to guests.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, guests, or the general public; read and analyze business correspondence; to develop and write reports.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
- Ability to stand and walk; Ability to stoop, kneel or crouch, and lift up to 20 pounds, including loads of awkward size and balance.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment, subject to weather conditions.
| Date Posted
July 12, 2019
| Date Closes
August 11, 2019
| Located In
Lookout Mountain, GA
| Job Type
| SOC Category
11-9051.00 First-Line Supervisors / Managers of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
This job is related other jobs in these career categories