Grandview Event Specialist
See Rock City, Inc Lookout Mountain, GA
Assists manager and caterer with their duties at Grandview, as well as, off-site events as needed.
- Models Culture of Excellence and works towards operational goals.
- Delivers excellent guest service.
- Retrieves phone calls and carries out requests.
- Schedules tours and personal consultations for Event Specialist and Manager.
- Able to carry out scheduled and drop-in tours for potential guests and clients.
- Answers questions of potential clients.
- Assists with food preparation.
- Performs light housekeeping duties.
- Performs secretarial duties.
- Provides service during events.
- Makes and distributes work orders to communicate with Rock City Partners.
- Communicates with maintenance and operations regarding details of future events.
- Orders linens for events.
- Sends invoices and collects payments.
- Arranges and confirms event staffing.
- Fields and responds to information inquiries via phone and internet daily.
- Works with Grandview Manager and Marketing Team to facilitate social media communications regarding calendar of events, promotions, networking with other wedding vendors and general venue information.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times.
- Possesses an outgoing, friendly personality and the desire to provide quality service.
- Ability to convey a professional image to clientele.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a group of managers, guests, or the general public; to read and analyze business correspondence; to develop and write reports.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.); or two to five years related hospitality experience; or an equivalent combination of both.
- Possesses excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Experience with online/social media communication and promotions preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
- Ability to provide a flexible schedule to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to stand and walk for 8 to 12 hours; ability to stoop, kneel or crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds; ability to use hands and fingers for food prep.
| Date Posted
March 30, 2018
| Date Closes
April 29, 2018
1400 Patten Road
| Located In
Lookout Mountain, GA
| Job Type
| SOC Category
43-5061.00 Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
This job requires the following skills
- Special Events Supervision / Management
- Special Events Worker
This job is related other jobs in these career categories