Physmed Inc. is a small but vastly growing local home health company. We are looking for a Part-Time Physical Therapist to join our home health team in the Fremont area.
The Physical Therapist is responsible for developing and/or implementing a physical therapy program for the treatment of the client’s illness or injury or to the restoration of maintenance of function affected by the client’s illness or injury.
Responsibilities of the Physical Therapist include the following:
1. Performs assessments and evaluates client needs and level of functioning. The assessment may include objective tests and measurements such as, range of motion, strength, balance coordination, endurance, or functional ability.
2. Involves client and family is the development and implementation of the plan of care.
3. Establishes and provides education to clients and family regarding home exercise program.
4. Provides consultation service and staff education as requested by clinical team.
5. Maintains client documentation (initial evaluations, care plans, progress notes, and summaries) and submits at least weekly.
6. Participates in case conferences, evaluates plan of care, and progress toward goals.
7. Follows all regulations, professional standards, policies and procedures as outlined by the agency, federal, and state regulations.
8. Observes, records, and reports the client’s response to treatment and reports any changes in the client’s condition to the client’s physician and the Clinical Director.
9. Provides supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants and Home Health Aides when needed.
10. Evaluates home environment and makes appropriate recommendations.
11. Demonstrates competency in providing care and provides care in accordance with plan of care.
12. Provides care to clients to relieve pain, develop and restore function, and maintain maximum performance by using appropriate treatments, procedures, and modialities according to the plan of care.
13. Physical therapy services may include:
· Assessment of client’s rehabilitation needs
· Therapeutic excercises and muscle strengthening
· Gait training including client instruction on use of assistive devices
· Range of motion
· Transfer training using appropriate equipment and body mechanics
· Muscle re-education
· Prosthetic training and stump conditioning
· Wound care as permitted by state practice act
· Pulmonary therapy including postural drainage and breathing exercises
· Rehabilitative treatments including ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and hot packs.
14. Participates in the Agency’s Performance Management program.
15, Participates in Agency committees when requested.
16. Attends continuing education programs and staff meetings as appropriate to job responsibilities.
17. Represents agency in a positive and professional manner.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by Clinical Director.
1. Licensed as a Physical Therapist by the State.
2. One year of experience in a clinical setting.
3. Demonstrates competency in skills required by agency for special procedures or treatments.
4. Ability to recognize and direct information to the appropriate health care provider.
5. Current CPR card, health certificate, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, automobile insurance.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions in this job description:
· The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit, as well as talk and hear.
· The employee is required to use hands to operate vehicles and office equipment.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
|Date Posted||July 11, 2018|
|Date Closes||August 10, 2018|
|Located In||Fremont, NE|
|Job Type||Part-time Employee|
|SOC Category||29-1123.00 Physical Therapists|
|Address||4905 S 107th Ave|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68127|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories