AOI CONSTRUCT | FURNISH OMAHA, NE
AOI has been a Commercial General Contractor since 1985. We are looking for a highly experienced Carpenter to join our team. Projects include new construction, conversions, tenant build outs, and remodels for retail, commercial office, restaurant, and healthcare clients.
AOI is customer service and quality oriented, and most projects are for repeat clients or by referral. Our niche is our ability to work in occupied space alongside our clients while maintaining a safe and clean work environment. Strong communication skills and leadership skills combined with a pro-active team approach are essential.
Our team of Carpenters work under the direction of and alongside site Superintendents and Project Managers to build amazing spaces for our clients with high quality finishes while maintaining a safe and clean work ing environment. Our Carpenters and working Superintendents make these projects come to life through all stages of the build process including, but not limited to; reading and interpreting blueprints, demolition of existing structures, preparing layout and work environment for safety and cleanliness, cutting and shaping materials to prescribed measurements and fits and installs windows, doors, trim and finish hardware.
A strong work ethic, passion for the construction industry and desire to grow are essential.
As a commercial construction provider, AOI offers opportunities to grow, competitive pay, paid holidays and vacations, health insurance with a portion of the premiums paid by the company, 401k match and other benefits. To learn more about AOI - please visit our website at www.aoicorp.com.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of sub trades and safety compliance
- Read and interpret construction documents, drawings and specifications (preferred)
- Available for travel assignments (not required but preferred and will receive a significant travel pay differential of $5/hr)
- Must be dependable and self-motivated and have a commitment to quality
EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years related Carpentry experience and/or apprentice training required. Interior commercial carpentry and commercial carpentry experience is preferred.
- Must have good working knowledge of carpentry industry/trade.