Hands of Heartland believes that people with developmental disabilities are people first. We believe that all persons have rights. The right to live, to be employed, to learn, to benefit from growth within their surroundings, and to interact within the community. We strongly believe in the family network and encourage families and clients to be involved in every aspect of delivering services. We believe in the quality of excellence in all aspects of our residences, staff, management and training.
Residential Site Manager
**Position qualifies for Hiring Bonus!**
Responsible for the management of clients and staff. Ensure clients receive quality care, treatment, and teaching. Work with an interdisciplinary team including family members and guardians. Implement procedures and treatment plans. Report pertinent information to the Service Director.
High school diploma, college classes in the social service area preferred. At least five years of experience working with developmentally disabled individuals, preferably at least three years of experience working in a residential program. Progressive management experience. Excellent writing and documentation skills. Good planning and organizational skills. Knowledge of financial management, social service systems, and staffing. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to counsel and train staff. Professional appearance and manner, ability to serve as a good role model. Competent computer skills to include Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to delegate, prioritize and meet deadlines.
Areas of Responsibility:
Manage operations in areas of responsibility
- Hire, orient, train, and retain qualified and competent staff.
- Ensure and monitor quality assurance and documentation in the residences.
- Counsel, develop, evaluate, and discipline (as appropriate) staff.
- Implement and enforce HOH practices and procedures.
- Work cooperatively with the Administrative Team for the welfare and development of HOH.
- Maintain financial efficiency and accountability, working within the operational financial constraints.
- Keep Service Director informed of significant and relevant information.
- Communicate weekly with guardians and or family members of individual’s served.
- Communicate with schools, the state, and other members of the individual's team on an ongoing basis.
- Complete rights restrictions.
- Mentor the Residential Specialist, providing assistance as needed.
- Maintain residential schedule and oversee daily, weekly, and monthly integrity standards.
- Oversee the individual finances in the residences.
- Ensure month end documentation and hours are complete and accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Participate in health and nutritional monitoring and development of programs and supports.
Ensure clients receive optimal service.
- Ensure individual needs are assessed; habilitation plans are developed and implemented.
- Ensure the multidisciplinary team including the individual and their family is involved in the teaching and service processes.
- Ensure required documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure staff is using appropriate intervention strategies and positive reinforcement with individuals and families.
- Participate in IPPs and Intakes as appropriate.
- Encourage the use of innovative techniques to enhance individual independence and welfare.
- Complete and remain current on all required trainings.
- Active participant in administrative meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.