Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) has an immediate opening for a System Administrator located at a negotiable location.
Position closes April 16, 2021.
Submit resume online at https://jobs.nppd.com
Responsible for maintaining and improving computer systems for the organization and its customers. The incumbent’s duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems as required
- Designing new computer systems and frameworks
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Risk mitigation planning
- Collaborating with Business Analysts, Project Leads and IT team to resolve issues and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent
- Creating system guidelines and manuals for the organization
- Running training sessions and workshops on system processes
- Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas
- Structuring and prioritizing business requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval
- This position is part of the IT Technical career path progression
Education, Training and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field (OR) an Associate's degree and 3 years technical IT experience including specific experience as listed below (OR) a high school diploma/GED and 5 years technical IT experience including specific experience as listed below.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field and 3 years technical IT experience includingspecific experience as listed below (OR) an Associates degree and 6 years technical IT experience includingspecific experience as listed below (OR) a high school diploma/GED and 8 years technical IT experienceincluding specific experience as listed below.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others on multiple activities, with flexibility to manage competing demands and changing priorities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
- Must be customer-service oriented and adaptable to ongoing change
Licenses and/or Certifications
Security Clearance: Incumbent may be required to satisfy any existing and future District security clearance or background check requirements for access to key NPPD locations and/or supporting sensitive business applications.
Obtain and maintain intermediate to advanced technical certification aligned with key business system platform(s) used at the District (e.g. SAP, Microsoft Certifications, and Security related best practices) as applicable.
Salary Information - Nebraska Public Power District offers a competitive starting salary with opportunities for growth.
Technical Analyst: $5,582-$6,978
Systems Analyst: $6,138-$7,673
Travel Required: Up to 25% (With no or minimal overnight stays, less than 3 per month, typically within state of Nebraska) Travel required may fluctuate by business need. This is an estimate and will be discussed further with candidates that receive an interview.
Nebraska Public Power District offers a competitive starting salary and an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid medical, training opportunities and more.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at Nebraska Public Power District.
Nebraska Public Power District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the contributions of its diverse work force. We are only legally able to hire persons who are 1) a United States citizen or national, 2) a lawful permanent resident of the United States, or 3) an alien legally authorized to work in the United States.
Nebraska Public Power District