For over 12 years, Midwest Surgical Hospital has provided advanced surgical, outpatient/inpatient, and pain clinic services that are economical, convenient, and dramatically different than the typical hospital/institutional experience. Conveniently located in the heart of Omaha off of 84th and Dodge, Midwest Surgical Hospital is proudly physician owned, fully accredited by CIHQ (Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality), and licensed by CMS.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse (PRN) to care for patients postoperatively in our Inpatient area. This is a PRN/As Needed position with a minimum requirement of 12 hours worked in a 2 week period. Schedule: Must be available as needed for days, evenings, nights and weekends. Hours: 6-12 hour shifts, with hours that vary between 6:00p - 6:30a, and 6:30a - 6:00p. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with orthopedic, neurosurgery (adult and some pediatric) and ENT patients.
- Deliver the highest quality nursing care in a non-judgmental and non-discriminating manner, sensitive to patient needs
- Contribute to the team-oriented environment by demonstrating cooperative, constructive, problem-solving interaction with coworkers
- Administer medications, blood, and solutions as ordered
- Coordinate post-op care with CNAs and Physical Therapy
- Transcribe orders and chart within Cerner
- Conduct postoperative calls; communicate with doctors and families
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Nebraska
- Current BLS certification (ACLS, and PALS certifications preferred as well)
- At least two years of med/surg, acute care, or other nursing experience
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs frequently, push/pull up to 25 lbs frequently; frequent standing, bending, stooping, and repetitive motion to hands/wrists
Why Midwest Surgical Hospital?
MSH offers a competitive salary, great shift differentials for nights and weekends, and fantastic benefits for those eligible, including:
- Two medical plans and networks to fit you and your family's needs
- Affordable voluntary dental and vision insurance
- Employer-paid short term and long term disability, basic life/AD&D policies
- Extremely generous PTO accumulation
- Reimbursement for MSH medical services for employees and their families
- 401(k) match after six months of employment
Midwest Surgical Hospital, LLC, provides equal employment opportunity to and will not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, or because of past, current or future military obligations or status, or on any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, without limitation, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.