As Disaster Recovery Engineer at Anova, you lead the development of risk management and backup procedures, business continuity scenarios, and contingency and Disaster Recovery plans across a global organization, partnering cross-functionally to ensure critical business applications are designed with Disaster Recovery and resiliency in mind.
Fully remote candidates who are willing and able to travel (~30%) to provide occasional on-site support for our New London (MN) & Blair (NE) locations will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
With a proven track record drawing on more than 30 years of industrial monitoring experience across several brands and a growing network of nearly 700,000 cellular, satellite, and LPWAN devices, Anova is the leading provider of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solutions to remotely monitor and manage industrial assets and enable improvements in efficiency, safety, service, and profitability.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Takes a proactive approach to business continuity by engineering resiliency and recovery into the organization
- Implements, maintains, and manages policies and procedures for Disaster Recovery planning for on-prem and cloud solutions
- Advocates for Disaster Recovery Program strategy and executes activities with IT teams
- Understands that Disaster Recovery professionals can be called in to support test exercises or unplanned outages outside of regular business hours as necessary
- Monitors and validates server backup processes and escalates issues in a timely manner
- Assists leadership in implementing and testing security controls and with basic security functions, including event and configuration review and threat and vulnerability management
- Influences Information Security policies and procedures for Disaster Recovery
- Provides ongoing support and technical assistance to all internal teams with issues related to computer systems
- Participates in cross-training with other internal IT teams
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven abilities in Disaster Recovery strategy and server backup procedures
- Solves new challenges every day with creative technical solutions that add value and improve user experience
- Collaborates for success, engaging and partnering at all levels of the organization and across global, cross-functional teams
- Confident, articulate, and effective communicator, capable of synthesizing technical information for both technical and nontechnical audiences
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- IT Support
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation certification
- EDRP, CBCM, or other industry certification
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Cloud Environments (AWS, Azure)
- Windows and Linux environments
- Backup Software (Veeam, etc.)
- Hypervisors (Hyper-V, Proxmox, etc.)
- Private APN/VPN
Full-Time Employment & Comprehensive Benefits Package, including:
- Health & Life Insurance Coverage + Eligibility Day 1
- 401(k) + Company Match & Immediate Full Vestment
- Performance-Based Bonus Opportunities
- Paid Time Off & Paid Community Engagement Day
We strive for excellence and enjoy delighting our customers. We value integrity and getting it right, not being right. We mean what we say and deliver on our promises. We are blazing a trail and seek leaders to accelerate our journey.
If this sounds like you, please apply to join the Anova family in connecting the industrial world – for better.
For more information about how Anova is transforming the Industrial IOT industry, visit us at www.anova.com