We have an opening for a Research Assistant in the Cognitive and Sensory Imaging Laboratory (CASI Lab) at the Institute for Human Neuroscience at Boys Town National Research Hospital. Successful candidates will have a BA/BS in psychology, neuroscience, biology, or a related field, with a demonstrated interest in research. Applicants with interest and previous experience in developmental psychology, cognitive psychology, or neuroscience will be given preference, but most importantly, the CASI Lab seeks to find the best team players to join our group. They will join a vibrant and growing group of cognitive neuroscientists in Omaha using state-of-the-art neuroimaging equipment and resources in the new 15,000+ square foot Institute for Human Neuroscience building, with ample opportunities for career development and training, including enrollment in local neuroscience or psychology PhD programs and MD/PhD programs, as well as placement in other nationally recognized research programs. Major research-dedicated tools include two 306-sensor Neo MEG systems, a high-density whole-head OPM system, a 3T Siemens Prisma magnet, brain stimulation equipment, and other cutting-edge neuroscience tools.
Successful applicants will have ample opportunity to learn the latest neuroimaging methods, conduct hands-on research with human participants, and author and co-author manuscripts. More information about the CASI Lab can be found at this link:
Please submit a resume and a one-page cover letter detailing research experience and goals. Reference letters will be requested at a later time. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Start dates are negotiable but could be as early as March 1, 2024.
Schedule: Full time
- Assists in data collection and managing databases. Enters data from testing, managing subject files and keeping track of subject compensation.
- Assists in the recruitment, scheduling, and collecting human subjects data. Assists in advertising for new studies, phone screens of potential participants, scheduling testing and administering behavioral testing.
- Uses computers to analyze results of experiments. Assists in processing imaging data and collecting behavioral and audiometric data for different research projects.
- Serve as a role model for ethical behavior and promote awareness and moral principles of the Mission, Vision, & Values of Boys Town.
- High-school diploma required; completion of college coursework in psychology, biology, and neuroscience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, close attention to details, math aptitude, and flexibility in duties performed.
- Ability to apply knowledge gained through coursework in psychology, biology, chemistry, physics, neuroscience and/or computer science.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 90 days of transfer or hire required.
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative(CITI) certification within 30 days of transfer or hire required.
- BA/BS in psychology, neuroscience, biology, or a related field, with a demonstrated interest in research.
- Previous research experience working with human subjects is preferred.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Boys Townit is the foundation of who we are and what we do.
At Boys Town, we cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.