The Health Coordinator Nurse develops and implements programs for safe medication procedures, coordinates health, wellness, and screening processes for youth, program students, and employees, as assigned.
*$3000 Hiring Bonus*
Starting Salary at $25/hr
- Plans, develops, and implements a coordinated and comprehensive program for safe medication administration and health/wellness programs, as assigned, for employees, program students, and youth health related activities.
- Conducts initial health screens and medication verification on new youth or program students admitted to the family home program or enrolled in a school program.
- Secures, reviews, monitors, and updates the medical history of each youth or student on an on-going basis.
- Acts as a liaison on health related information between parents, medical clinic staff, family teachers, school, and athletic staff.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and compliance with all licensing and accreditation standards.
- Produces and presents training programs, workshops or projects, as assigned, on health education topics. This may include communication and health/wellness reminders to parents or the community.
- Develops and updates Pre-Service Workshop sections and training support materials as needed for Medication Administration/Lab training.
- Conducts ongoing monitoring and evaluation of medication administration procedures, reviews data findings, incidents, and reports data on monthly safety reviews.
- Plans and possibly facilitates meetings such as the Safety and Health Quality Management Committee and the Wellness Committee.
- Prepares policies and procedures for committee approval and implements performance improvements as necessary.
- Serves as a resource and provides education/intervention for youth, program students, and staff to prevent and reduce the risks of endemic and epidemic infections or contagious illnesses; educates staff on health-related questions including TB and Hepatitis B programs.
- Integrates infection control program and medication administration procedures with organizational wide performance improvement process.
- Conducts work in the homes and schools as needed.
- Participates in assigned program meetings.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Ability to understand and utilize medical terminology. Ability to translate medical data into understandable conclusions and recommendations.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly make decisions in sensitive and sometimes critical areas and to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Graduate of a professional nursing program.
- 3 years of experience in a medical office setting. Previous management experience is preferred.
- Current, certified public health practitioner as an LPN.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the appropriate State preferred.
- CPR certification required.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.