Job Summary: Under the direction of the respective Unit Hospital Director, the Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for receptionist, certified nursing assistant (CNA), and supply management duties in the specified hospital unit. May provide coverage to other hospital units as needed.
Schedule: Part-Time Nights - 12 hour shifts, rotates 24 hours week 1 / 36 hours week 2
- Performs receptionist duties including directing visitors and patients family members.
- Answering incoming phone calls and questions from visitors.
- Directs physicians and other hospital personnel with locating patients or providers.
- Utilizes strong customer services skills.
- Performs administrative duties as directed:
- Responsible for scanning the patient chart as directed by Health Information Management
- Approves open and closed electronic medical record documents
- Assists in coordination of ancillary departments for patient care
- Assists with incoming and outgoing mail
- Responsible/coordinates for maintenance and repairs of Nurses Station equipment (i.e., copier, fax, etc.)
- Orders office supplies under direction of the Director
- Responsible for ordering galley supplies, maintaining orderliness, and recording daily temperature for refrigerator/freezer.
- Maintains a working relationship with BTNRH Dietary Specialist
- In collaboration with nursing staff, assists with chart preparation.
- Assures patient rooms are setup for admissions the following day
- Ensures supply carts and procedure carts in patient rooms are stocked.
- Will contact Director(s), Laboratory, and/or operating room to request additional supplies, as necessary
- Contacts physician office to obtain any required document for the patient
- Performs point of care testing
- Performs EKGs as indicated
- Maintains charge capture especially for billable supplies
- Utilizes CNA skills to assist RNs in rooming patients. Assists with obtaining vital signs and reviewing the Patient Handbook with the parents
- Helps coordinate patient transfers, including preparing transport carts
- Assists nursing staff as needed in performing routine patient care (feeding, bathing, ambulation, and making beds)
- Organizes nursing station as needed
- Follows hospital policy and procedures and assists in unit responsibilities for readiness for Joint Commission visits
- Maintains downtime forms
- Works collaboratively with the Patient Access Department to register patients admitted to the unit or transferring from the unit, and/or assisting with patient discharge follow-up clinic appointments, as needed.
- Maintains admission/discharge logbook and census documentation when indicated
- Assists with special projects as assigned
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor to meet the needs of the organization
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in dealing with PHI and other sensitive information
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the healthcare team
- Embodies the patient-centered, family friendly work environment culture at BTNRH
- Ability to apply strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively use a computer, office equipment (copier, scanner) and other equipment required to complete daily tasks
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in high-stress, high volume environments
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- CNA certification required
- One year of CNA experience, preferred
- BLS certification
- Experience utilizing multiple computer systems (e.g., Microsoft, Electronic Health Record)
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Date Posted: 8/26/2022
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.