Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Boys Town National Research Hospital is seeking a Staff Pediatrician/Medical Director for our Inpatient Medical Unit to provide special medical and consultative care to Boys Town National Research Hospital patients and referral patients.
- Drives a clinical vision that reflects the strategic goals of Boys Town National Research Hospital, where specialty patients and primary medical patients have their clinical needs met in the Inpatient Medical Unit (IMU) by the Hospitalist service.
- Collaborates with other physicians who admit to the IMU to ensure that their patients are medically stable and/or to confirm if they require hospitalist involvement.
- Clearly communicates with the PICU physicians and staff to ensure seamless and appropriate transfers between units, based on a shared consensus of patient acuity and staffing needs
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Director of the IMU and Senior Director of Inpatient Services, while providing clinical feedback to them regarding decisions about inpatient staffing, volumes, and census.
- Provides ongoing clinical feedback to the Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) on the hospitalist service, in collaboration with the Director of the IMU.
- Provides direct pediatric care to hospital inpatients and ambulatory patients as necessary. This includes providing high quality assessment, diagnosis, and treatment or support for patients who are suffering from various conditions, illnesses, or injuries related to the practice of General Pediatrics.
- Monitors patients conditions and progress.
- Prescribes and administers treatments, therapies, medications, and other specialized medical care.
- Orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic tests.
- Participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary evaluation and remediation team, which may include professionals from non-medical fields.
- Participates in and/or conducts the various educational programs developed by Boys Town National Research Hospital.
- Doctor ofMedicine degree from an accredited medical school required.
- Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited residency in pediatrics.
- Must be board certified or eligible leading to certification in pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics or the American Osteopathic Board of Pediatrics
- Must possess or be able to attain medical licensure in the State of Nebraska
- Must have the ability to maintain certification status or participate in maintenance of certification processes as necessary.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest nonprofit, nonsectarian child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range ofhospital, clinic and residential services, backed by 40 years oflife-changing researchto provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. In 2019, provided care to more than 52,000 children and families.