Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Audiological Administrative Assistant, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will perfom skilled clerical functions of a confidential nature, and maintain efficient office operations of the division. Provide administrative and specialized assistance for all activities between BTNRH, FFBH, the principal agency. Maintains office in the absence of division director.
- Registers patients and schedules appointments for Audiology, Vestibular and ABR appointments. Answers telephone in a timely and appropriate manner. Queries patients regarding hearing and hearing-aid related problems. Triages calls and takes messages as needed.
- Monitors daily clinical schedules. Oversees patient notification system and electronic patient log (audio log) under direction of the Department Coordinators. Notifies staff when patients are ready for their appointments. Prints/posts daily clinical schedule and staff clinic assignments. Insures that departmental clinics, services and patients have staff assigned. Responds to out-of-office requests, including those due to unanticipated staff absences e.g., from illness, to insure that all clinics and appointments are staffed.
- Reconciles departmental billing forms daily, including hearing aid billing. Notifies staff of delinquent billing forms and billing irregularities. Forwards billing forms to designated persons in billing department. Completes monthly statistics. Orders forms from Medical Records as needed. Coordinates changes to billing forms at the beginning of each year when service prices are increased. Distributes new forms to all sites.
- Supports operations of the Hearing Aid Technology (HAT) Center by accepting devices, supplies, earmolds, and their invoices, logging devices into the HAT program, and notifying staff of their arrival. Resolves issues related to inconsistencies in the invoices and the HAT entries. Processes returns and devices sent for (and returned from) repair. Assists in insuring correct billing for hearing aids and databases for hearing-aid dispensing. Reconciles hearing aid invoices. Reconciles monthly hearing aid and hearing aid supply manufacturer statements. Runs monthly warranty reports for patient notification of warranty expirations at all clinic sites.
- Reconciles monthly expense/revenue statements (e.g., electronic invoices, credit cards, purchase orders, blanket orders, monthly budget reports) by cost center with those provided by the Accounting Department. Coordinates with Accounting Department any changes that need to be made before expiration dates, e.g., cost center changes, increase/decrease of dollar amounts.) Provides spreadsheets as requested.
- Processes memberships for professional organizations and for licensure; prepares insurance provider applications for new staff members and updates those for existing staff as required by the insurance companies. Coordinates with various BTNRH departments (e.g. Computing, Telecommunications, Appointments, Billing, Medical Records, Print Shop) when new staff/externs are expected or whenever changes are needed. Provides staff with updated phone lists or other documents when needed.
- Performs general clerical duties: prepares reports; develops or updates departmental intranet information and forms; prepares purchase orders; monitors and orders standard office supplies, collates and assembles documents, accepts and delivers interdepartmental correspondence; maintains computerized filing systems, including records related to personnel, payroll, attendance, work and purchase orders; processes time sheets; sorts and distributes mail for the division; submits electronic form requests as needed; coordinates with FFBH on business card set-up and renewal changes as needed.
- Coordinates professional travel arrangements; makes and confirms hotel and airline reservations; processes payment for registration fees; arranges for preparation of expense reports; may organize itineraries for visitors, job candidates, and externs. Arranges for departmental meetings, reserves rooms and equipment.
- Assists with yearly budget preparation especially related to capital budget and maintenance contracts, and other reports as necessary.
- Tracks and fills out appropriate paperwork of fixed asset inventory for the department/grant purchases including tagging new equipment and disposing/surplusing outdated or unrepairable equipment per FFBH guidelines. Updates location of fixed asset inventory when requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Associate degree or certification in business, secretarial science or related field, preferred
- Minimum of three years coordinating business activities (e.g., business office)
- Job requires computer software program use experience, excellent telephone skills, interpersonal skills, close attention to details, math aptitude, and flexibility in duties performed.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses' focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 14th, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.