The Clinical Research Coordinator works with scientists and physicians to facilitate and coordinate research studies, based on established protocols and standard operating procedures, in accordance with institutional, federal, and funding agency guidelines.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Provides research support to investigators to prepare and implement clinical research studies.
- Prepares documentation to submit for funding applications, internal compliance functions, and funding agency reports.
- Monitors routine data collection including documentation, analyses, and quality control.
- Follows Good Clinical Practice guidelines for documenting and reporting research protocols.
- Assists in the completion of specific research and evaluation studies.
- Assists with writing research grant proposals to secure extramural funding as directed.
- Supports recruitment and informed consent of qualified research participants.
- Recruits and screens participants for clinical trials and maintains screening and enrollment data.
- Corresponds with research participants related to scheduling study visits, protocol questions, and concerns.
- Advocates for research participants and ensures informed consent and assent as appropriate.
- Support the effective execution of clinical research studies and investigators.
- Ensure adherence to research project timelines and budget.
- Troubleshoot challenges and develop solutions to maintain progress on research studies.
- Reviews study processes to ensure efficient use of study resources.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice guidelines for clinical research.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to successfully work with a team of associates.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Bachelors degree in nursing, or a related medical research relevant area
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in clinical research
- Consideration will be given to persons who hold a combination of related and equivalent education and experience history
- CCRC or CCRP preferred
- Applicable certifications and licenses may also be required.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: May 10, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus.This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.