Do you have a passion to work in Behavioral Health? Boys Town is adding a Post-Doctoral Clinical PsychologyFellow to the staff. In this role you will provide clinical services to children, adolescents and families seeking services at the Behavioral Health Clinic and possibly a primary care setting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Provides behavioral health services to children, adolescents and families.
- Provides direct clinical services to clients as assigned.
- Helps to establish and maintain a referral base from pediatricians, local schools, other treatment providers, and general community referrals.
- Provides psychological services, behavior parent training, and other essential psychological services to parents and youth referred to the outpatient clinic or assigned co-location clinics.
- Provides consultation on an as-requested basis to referring pediatricians about general psychological phenomenon and how they may impact development, compliance, or other medical issues.
- Actively participates in supervision to meet requirements for licensure as a psychologist.
- Participates in weekly individual supervision meetings with a licensed psychologist.
- Increases knowledge of clinical psychology in related fields by continuing education and informal and formal discussions.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagans Boys Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with behavioral or cognitive behavioral theoretical orientation.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology from an APA-accredited or its equivalent university. Advanced training in clinical psychology, behavioral pediatrics, and/or parent training.
- Successful completion of an APA approved internship or its equivalent.
- Must meet licensure requirements at the master's level.
- Graduate degree conferred by August 31 of internship year.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Licensed at the master's level for the delivery of mental health services.
- Provisionally licensed at the doctoral level as required by the state or jurisdiction.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USAGE:
Position requires little to moderate physical activity. Handling of average weight objects up to 20 pounds, or standing and/or walking or at a keyboard, workstation, or desk. Requires endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental and emotional) situations encountered on the job without compromising their health and well-being or that of their fellow employees, youth, or families.
Work is typically in a normal office environment involving minimal exposure to physical risks. May be subject to outside environmental conditions occasionally. Includes constant interruptions, inappropriate behaviors, and the potential for verbal and physical threats from youth.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.