Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Boys Town National Research Hospital is seeking an Anesthesiologist to provide quality anesthesia care and perform independently all services required in the practice of anesthesiology.
- Independently performs accepted procedures commonly used to render a patient insensible to pain during the performance of surgical and other pain-producing clinical maneuvers.
- Supports life functions during the period in which anesthesia is administered, including induction and intubation periods.
- Provides appropriate pre-anesthesia evaluations and choice of anesthesia for all patients.
- Provides appropriate post-anesthesia management for all patients.
- Provides consultation relating to various other forms of patient care, including, but not limited to critical care and pain management.
- Assists in emergency situations, including, but not limited to cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Provides clinical oversight to other departments, including Respiratory Therapy, PACU, and Operating Room.
- Doctor of Medicine degree; with current Nebraska medical license
- Successful completion of an approved residency training program in anesthesiology
- Board Certified or eligible (including being actively enrolled in the certification process) in anesthesiology, board certified in Pediatric Anesthesiologist preferred.
- Incumbent must have or be able to quality for medical school faculty appointment in Anesthesia and be able to qualify for hospital staff privileges at BTNRH.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest nonprofit, nonsectarian child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital, clinic and residential services , backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. In 2019, provided care to more than 52,000 children and families.
Accredited by The Joint Commission, Boys Town Hospital operates one hospital at ​14000 Hospital Road on the campus of Boys Town, Nebraska, that includes acute pediatric inpatient hospitalization, surgical services and inpatient and residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders. Our medical clinics include primary pediatric care with five Boys Town Pediatrics locations in the Omaha-metro area and specialty care clinics for children and adults across Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota.
Since its founding in 1977, Boys Town Hospital has been internationally recognized as a leader in clinical and research programs focusing on childhood deafness, language development and related communication disorders. We have developed national medical programs that are now instituted in hospitals and clinics across the country. Today, the hospital is leading the charge in neurobehavioral research in children to improve interventions and treatments for children with severe behavioral and mental health problems.
Most recently Boys Town has expanded its Pediatric Neuroscience care to provide access to more physicians, clinics and telemedicine for children in Omaha and across the region.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: 08/23/21
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital