Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a Patient Care Coord-Inpatient Psych, under the direction of the Director, Inpatient Psychiatric Unit, is responsible for the organization, receptionist, and secretarial duties to include answering phones, receiving visitors, checking in patient belongings, assisting with the admission process, scanning patient medical record, ordering supplies and various other reports to assist the program. Responsible for providing direct youth care and supervision to assigned population to include supporting the provision of a safe environment and monitoring of basic physical needs. Assists Director with special projects as assigned.
Schedule: Part Time, Monday- Friday; 4:00am - 8:00pm. Location:Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatric Inpatient Unit.
- Customer Service: Answers the telephone in a prompt and courteous manner. Sets priorities for response and communicates with appropriate personnel, assuring confidentiality. Receives and screens visitors as they arrive. Maintains positive interactions with external and internal consumers. Being a resource for staff regarding NextGen, phone and computer systems, all office equipment and maintenance orders.
- Maintaining Youth Belongings and Medical Record: Completes inventories of patient belongings upon admission and discharge. Builds chart at time of admission. Breaks down patient medical record meeting all timelines at discharge. Complies with all scanning policies and procedures. Discharges patient from SIS and Nextgen Financials. Helps coordinate patient transfers as needed.
- Clerical Duties: Produces correspondence, minutes of meetings maintains databases, produces database queries and reports, develops Excel spreadsheets for conference registrations, and creates PowerPoint documents for staff, database to create mailing labels from data source. Responsible for mail distribution and assuring all patient encounters are submitted to Medical Records for billing purposes. Maintains a safe and organized work environment that is conducive to an orderly and efficient workflow. Performs additional clerical functions and related duties as appropriate treatment.
- Purchase and Maintain Supplies: Orders identified supplies from approved vendors for the IPU items. Maintains and organizes all storage units and updates storage sheets ongoing. Complies with Boys Town credit card purchasing policies. Ensures that all purchases made are not taxed and a receipt is kept for reconciling for end-of-month. Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department. Responsible/coordinates for maintenance and repairs of equipment (i.e. copier, fax, etc.). Maintains resource books with current and accurate phone numbers.
- Patient Care: Provides consistent monitoring and safety of youth under your supervision to assure safety in all program and nonprogram areas. Follows policy and procedures regarding monitoring youth in high-risk areas i.e. bathroom, time out, and seclusion. Complies with applicable policies and procedures for a youth physical intervention (personal restraint) in the event of emergency safety situations. Follows all hospital, program, state, Medicaid and Joint Commission guidelines and regulations regarding safety. Models appropriate social and life skills. Provides required documentation of youth behavior and activity in behaviorally specific language. Builds trusting and supportive relationships with youth. Actively participates in group activities.
- Teamwork: Exercises good judgment in completing work duties: coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity during the assigned shift: follows-up on matters requiring additional attention and reports exceptions to the appropriate person. Responds appropriately in emergency situations. Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with co-workers to facilitate appropriate communications necessary for the delivery of quality patient care while assuring confidentiality of patient information. Participates in all safety security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
- Professionalism: Displays professionalism through willingness to act as a team member including the ability to receive, implement and solicit feedback from others in a timely manner. Demonstrates effective communication with co-workers, supervisors and consumers while taking responsibility for personal and professional development through attendance at mandatory staff meetings and training sessions. Models appropriate life skills behaviors including hygiene, grooming, dress, manners, and language. Complies with internal and external regulations, policies and procedures. Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of 2 years of clerical work experience.
- Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Must be CPR (BLS) certified within 90 days of employment.
- Demonstrate to criteria nationally recognized personal restraint model.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 18, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.