Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary:Under the general direction of the Director of Surgery Center, the Anesthesia Technologist checks and supplies anesthesia carts and machines; as well as related duties in the operating room.
Schedule: M-F 8 HR Shifts
- Stocks supplies in the AWS (anesthesia workstation) throughout the day.
- Assists with setting up IV's, arterial lines, and equipment for neurosurgical cases.
- Assists with turnovers, cleaning the operating room after cases, and performing housekeeping duties as needed.
- Assists Charge RNs with additional duties as assigned.
- Takes direction from M.D. staff or R.N., when necessary in an emergency.
- Maintains "The Joint Commission" standards on an ongoing basis and assists in unit responsibilities for readiness for Joint Commission visits.
- Participates in department performance improvement activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer programs to manage work.
- Ability to follow AORN guidelines for perioperative practice.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory and harmonious working relationships with public, other consumers and other employees.
Requirements of The Job:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in an Operating Room/Hospital-Preferred
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer programs to manage work
- Must be CPR (BLS) Certified
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses' focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 16th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital