Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Nurse Practitioner-Allergy Clinic, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will provide medical services to patients in a clinic setting.
Schedule: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday-Friday
- Provides individualized medical care to patients in the clinic setting which includes collection of relevant patient history, physical assessment, evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Demonstrates age specific competencies in the provision of care.
- Orders necessary diagnostic tests relevant to patient condition and utilizes results to determine appropriate treatment for the patient.
- Performs procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, or simple lesion (wart) removal, based on knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Completes timely, thorough documentation of the patient visit in the electronic medical record.
- Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments indicated in management of the acute illness.
- Responds to onsite emergencies and provides prompt, and appropriate care until EMS arrives.
- Provides relevant education and discharge instructions to the patient/family related to the acute presenting illness and need for follow-up.
- Consults with physician and hospitalists as needed.
- Masters Degree in nursing with previous clinical experience in a health care setting
- Must be licensed as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in the State of Nebraska
- Minimum of three years of experience in a primary care/ambulatory care/urgent care preferred; for the Same Day Pediatrics Clinic, minimum of three years of APRN experience in an ambulatory and/or urgent care required
- Previous experience using an electronic medical record
- Must have current CPR certification
- If working in the Inpatient Psychiatric Unit or the RTC, must be 20 years of age or older.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses' focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: August 27th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital