Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Hiring Bonus: $5,000
Schedule: Part-Time Evenings, 2 Shifts Per Week & Every Other Weekend.
In a career as a Registered Behavioral Health Nurse, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. This position provides nursing care to assigned by overseeing youth health and wellness, implementing daily nursing care routines including administration of medications, infection control management, management of emergency care for youth, assessing mental and physical status of youth, and keeping the appropriate physician and administrative staff apprised of all untoward events.This position works collaboratively with all members of the treatment team.
- Implements daily nursing care routines for youth assigned including the administration of medication, maintaining inventories of medication and nursing care items as needed, providing education about medications and other health concerns to youth and their families.
- Oversees the general health of youth assigned by being cognizant of infection control concerns, scheduling medical appointments for youth as necessary and accompanying them to these appointments when assigned, and assists with physician rounds in collaboration with other treatment team members.
- Provides appropriate medical and/or mental health emergency care to youth maintaining the health and safety of all youth assigned and keeping the appropriate physician and administrative staff apprised of all untoward events.
- Participates in the admission process completing an initial mental status and physical assessment, informing the supervising practitioner at the time of admission of any immediate medical concerns, and orienting youth and family/legal guardian to the program as appropriate.
- Follows approved program and hospital guidelines for documentation of medical orders, physical and mental assessment, medication administration, youth education, and other youth health concerns.
- Ability to resolve conflict in crisis situations.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to articulate an understanding of the mental health needs and potential medical interventions for youth of various ages.
- Ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license.
- Previous Behavioral Health nursing experience preferred.
- Requires PEM training within six months of employment.
- Requires demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, teaching ability, and willingness to be flexible in scheduling.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check as position may require transporting youth in a company vehicle.
- Must be CPR (BLS) Certified.
- Must be trained in the programs nationally approved personal restraint model.
- Must be 20 years of age.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 2nd, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital