Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary:Provides sanitation, custodial, and other support services for the daily operation and maintenance of the mice/animal facility. These duties include the provision of animal husbandry and care to facility operations support based on the current needs of the animals including care and feeding, cleaning of the equipment and physical surroundings, and constant concern for the healthof the mice.
Schedule: Work 5 to 20 hours per week. Work regularly scheuled weekend hours and on-call M-F. Must be available to work on call around 2-3pm in afternoon M-F. Working on-call means you may be called and asked to work last minute shifts to fill in and help as needed.
- Provides food and water to animals, according to established schedules.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation, as directed.
- Monitors environmental conditions, as directed.
- Monitors sanitation and sterilization quality control standards, as directed.
- Cleans and disinfects cages occasionally.
- Changes animal cages occasionally.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in handling and working with animals is highly desirable
- Good computer skills including the ability to utilize Microsoft software (i.e., Word and Excel)
- Good organizational, communicative, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work Holidays and weekends on rotating schedule.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: June 21, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital