Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$5,000.00 HIRING BONUS!
In a career as a Registered Nurse (RN)- Specialty Clinics Float, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will utilize a systematic approach to nursing practice in multiple Boys Town Specialty Clinic locations and departments incorporating: assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, thus providing continuing health care to individuals, families, and communities.
Schedule: Full-Time, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday-Friday, No Weekends or Holidays
- Willingly floats to other specialty clinics and/or between clinic locations to fulfill staffing needs.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to various schedule changes.
- Provides appropriate, individualized direct care to patients and families in area of practice.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in the performance of initial and ongoing assessments of the patient to determine nursing care needs; prioritizes care based on needs; may include data from parent/guardian in the assessment process.
- Maintains competency within each department and location, by routinely floating.
- Implements nursing care activities according to patient needs, or as directed by the medical provider, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists providers with office procedures, to include assembling of supplies, medications and instruments; assists with procedure as permitted by scope of practice; facilitation of time outs and informed consents.
- Provides teaching specific to the patient's health issues, based on cultural, cognitive, emotional and social influences and the patient's/family ability and readiness to learn; provides education relevant to the visit before discharge from the visit.
- Arranges, as indicated by provider, for additional services, both internal and external, such as lab, imaging, home health, speech, occupational and physical therapy.
- Assists in followup by tracking of activities such as lab and imaging through order, execution, results, and subsequent provider recommendations.
- Completes all required documentation thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license, required
- Minimum of one year of experience in an ambulatory health care facility or a hospital, preferred
- Must be BLS certified
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and electronic medical records.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: July 14th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital