Boys Town National Research Hospital
Schudule: Varied Weekday and Evening Shifts
In a career as a Registered Pre-Op/Post-Op RN, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will provide utilize a systematic approach to nursing practice incorporating assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Provide continuing health care and education to individuals and families to help them achieve their optimal level of health.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse uses the nursing process to complete the pre-operative physical, cognitive, and psychosocial assessment of patients awaiting surgery.
- Formulates plan of care and reviews and revises plan on an ongoing basis. Able to plan and give care based on the patients age and level of development.
- Assures appropriate information management and documentation using the nursing process in accordance with hospital OR policy; gives reports to other members of the health care team.
- Supervises LPN in direct patient care functions and responsible to sign off charting completed in the medical records.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse uses the nursing process to assess patient/family understanding and response to care provided; and patient/family educational needs. The nurse redirects care as needed.
- Participates in/or prepares for in-services and patient care conference.
- Maintains "The Joint Commission" standards on an ongoing basis and assists in unit responsibilities for readiness for Joint Commission visits.
- Participates in department performance improvement activities.
- A Registered Nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license, Bachelor's Degree In Nursing is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an acute hospital setting; pediatric experience preferred.
- Must be CPR (BLS), ACLS and PALS certified within six months of employment.
- Prior working knowledge of using computer programs and electronic medical records.
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
July 6th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital