Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Schedule: Full-Time, Part-Time
In a career as a nurse at Boys Town National Research Hospital, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients. We offer a broad range of hospital and clinic services at six locations in the Omaha area and satellite clinics throughout the Midwest. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our nurses focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Additional services include:
- Completes an accurate assessment of physical, mental, emotional development and social conditions when interviewing patients and families in the clinic and on the telephone.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in the performance of initial and ongoing assessments of the patient to determine nursing care needs and includes data from parent/guardian in the assessment process; prioritizes care based on needs.
- Provides teaching that is specific to the patients health issues, based on cultural, cognitive, emotional and social influences and the patients/familys ability and readiness to learn; provides education relevant to the visit to the patient/family before discharge from the clinic setting.
- Implements nursing care activities according to patient needs or as directed by the medical provider in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license, required
- Minimum of one year of experience in an ambulatory health care facility or a hospital and pediatric experience, preferred
- BLS certified.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: June 9th,2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital