Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Clinic Nurse Case Manager, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will coordinate and facilitate the clinical management for an assigned population to enhance quality care and promote cost-effective utilization of healthcare resources, in the outpatient setting.
Schedule: Full-Time, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday-Friday
- Facilitates care coordination in collaboration with the patient, family, caregiver and health care team. This is done through early identification and thorough assessment of the patient's need/preferences and resources available. In collaboration with the medical provider, determines the appropriate level of care and coordinates the interdisciplinary care delivery.
- Facilitates the progression of care based on patient needs and conditions.
- Triages telephone calls and responds to patients and families and other members of the healthcare teams' questions that are within a registered nurse's scope of practice. Serves as the primary point of communication between team, family, and patient.
- Communicates information to the health care team and those involved in the patient's care.
- Advocates on behalf of patients/families and caregivers for service access and insurance benefits within the constraints of regulations, and for the protection of the patient's health, safety and rights.
- Evaluates the options available and balances cost and quality to assure the optimal clinical and financial outcomes.
- Evaluates patient outcomes affected by the care management process for improvement opportunities.
- Assists the multidisciplinary team in care delivery and patient education according to the population served.
- Reviews results and provides related patient education at the direction of the medical providers.
- Coordinates referrals, scheduling, and other special arrangements as required by each individual patient.
- Conducts Registered Nurse only patient visits and makes recommendations based on patient progress, if applicable.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license, required
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in an ambulatory health care facility or a hospital, required
- Must have BLS certification, 5) prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and electronic medical records
- Experience in a case management type role, preferred, 7) experience with pediatric patient, preferred
- Experience in discharge planning, home health care, rehabilitative medicine, community health or managed care, preferred
- Certified Nurse Case Manager via American Nurses Credentialing Center (RN-BC) or Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCM) preferred.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: June 4th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.