Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Pharmacy Intern, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will develop a knowledge base and competency level while performing pharmacy functions under the supervision of a pharmacist. The Pharmacy Intern supports the pharmacist by performing technical and clerical tasks in the pharmacy.
Schedule: Part-Time, 12 Hours a week, Evenings and Rotating Weekends
- Orders, packages, prepares, and labels medications for dispensing by the pharmacist.
- Performs aseptic compounding of hazardous and non-hazardous parenteral admixtures as well as hazardous and non-hazardous non-sterile compounding.
- Performs stocking and cleaning of automated dispensing devices.
- Performs medication history interviews and compiles complete, updated medication lists for patients.
- Works collaboratively with interdisciplinary team to maximize patient outcomes.
- Counsels patients on prescription and over-the-counter medications and devices.
- Assists in interpreting drug levels and performing pharmacokinetic monitoring .
- Finds, evaluates, and provides drug information to health care providers to answer drug information questions.
- Performs audits for the pharmacist.
- Prepares reports for the pharmacist.
- Completes quality improvement projects.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of the pharmacy.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the pharmacist.
- Admitted to an accredited school or college of pharmacy required
- Nebraska pharmacy intern license, required, OR, upon employment, if employee does NOT have pharmacy intern license, then registration with the State of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services as a pharmacy technician required with a pharmacy intern license obtained within 180 calendar days of employment.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 13th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital