Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$5,000 Hiring Bonus!
Schedule: Full-Time, 3-12 Hour Shifts. 7:00pm-7:30am, Required to work every 3rd weekend rotation
In a career as a Registered Nurse in the Medical Inpatient Unit you will join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. The professional registered nurse in the Inpatient Medical Unit utilizes a systematic approach to nursing practice incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides continuing health care and education to individuals and families to help them achieve their optimal level of health.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse uses the nursing process to complete the admission physical, cognitive, spiritual, psychosocial, and functional assessment.
- Formulates plan of care and reviews and revises plan on an ongoing basis. Able to plan and give care based on the patients age and level of development.
- Assures appropriate information management and documentation using the nursing process in accordance with hospital documentation policy; gives report to other members of the health care team.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse uses the nursing process to assess patient/family understanding and response to care provided; and patient/family educational needs.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse uses the nursing process to assess patient/family discharge needs at admission, and throughout the patient stay.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse will develop, review, and implement the discharge plan at admission, and throughout the patient stay.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license, Bachelor's Degree In Nursing is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an acute hospital setting; pediatric experience preferred.
- Must be CPR (BLS), ACLS and PALS certified within six months of employment.
- Prior working knowledge of using computer programs and electronic medical records.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: March 26th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital