Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Schedule: Full-Time, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM, Monday-Friday
In a career as a Medical Assistant , you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will provide basic nursing care under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, mid-level provider or physician.
- Provides direct care to patients and families in area of practice.
- Assists provider with procedures and delivery of patient care.
- Participates in quality improvement projects in the clinic environment.
- Attends required staff meetings, continuing education and mandatory in-services in relevant practice area.
- Demonstrates initiative, accountability and efficient use of time and materials. This includes knowledge, self direction, accountability, and ability to function within institutional policies, philosophies, and procedures.
- Promotes patient advocacy which assures patients rights to privacy, safety, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changes in policies or procedures.
- Manages all clinic supply inventory including placing clinic orders, stocking and managing supply rotation.
- Communicates all clinic maintenance needs to supervisor and is involved in coordinating maintenance staff work being done in the clinic.
- Promotes a positive team environment. Willingly floats to satellite clinics to fulfill required staffing needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Graduate from accredited medical assistant program
- Current Medical Assistant Certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Currently active on the Nebraska Medication Aid Registry or within first 30 days of employment, Medication Aid Registry must maintain current thereafter
- Minimum of two years experience in an ambulatory health care facility or a hospital, preferred
- Must be CPR (BLS) certified
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and electronic medical records
- Must be able to maintain complex/ confidential records.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: January 28th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.