Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Schedule: Full-Time, Night Shift, 36 hours a week, 7:00pm-7:30am
In a career as Charge Nurse-Advanced Care Unit, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, youre responsible for overseeing the nursing care operations for all patients of a particular unit during assigned shifts. The role provides guidance to nursing staff and oversees patient admissions and discharges. The role also provides continuing healthcare and education to patients and families to help them achieve their optimal level of health.
- Prepares daily schedules for the staff, delegates nursing assignments, coordinates patient flow of admissions/discharges and ensures beds are available. Leads development and implementation of unit plan when expected demand exceeds expected capacity. Assures patient care assignments are made according to established criteria, policy, and procedure.
- Provides supervision to the nurses regarding the specific care to be administered to the patients. Works together with other nurses in order to decide an optimal care plan, specific to the needs of the individual patients.
- Ensures all the processes and procedures that are being followed in the respective units are under the set protocols. Promotes the efficiency of the respective unit and makes contributions to the development of different procedures adopted during the care and treatment of patients.
- Promotes coordination between the different working members and monitors activities taking place within the unit.
- Assures positive customer relations are maintained with patients, visitors, physicians, and hospital personnel across the organization.
- Registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license required
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a hospital setting required
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory nursing experience preferred
- Pediatric experience, preferred
- Must be CPR certified, ACLS and PALS certified within 6 months of employment
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and electronic medical records.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: Janaury 25th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital