Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Schedule: Full-Time, 10:00 AM-6:30 PM, Monday-Friday
In a career as a Sterile Processing Tech II, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. In this role, take responsibility for reprocessing instruments and equipment used in the East & West operating suite, including care of delicate and specialty instrumentation. Responsible for monitoring sterile supplies and autoclaves, inventory control as assigned.
- Follows ST79 and ST91 Standards.
- Performs, monitors, interprets, and records testing and validation of sterilization processes.
- Inspects and maintains integrity of instruments routinely. Uses contracted service for repairs as needed.
- Decontaminates, disinfects, assembles, and sterilizes instruments per departmental policy.
- Cleans autoclaves according to manufacturers recommendations; maintains a clean working environment.
- High School education or equivalent, required
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in instrument processing (decontamination and sterilization)
- Currently holds a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification through International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management
- Good communication skills to communicated effectively with all levels of operating room staff
- Must maintain all level of regulatory requirements and certifications.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses' focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: February 18th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital