Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as an Inpatient Psychiatric Unit Social Worker, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in assessing patients and coordinating care and discharge planning within the Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH) Inpatient Psychiatric Unit.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday- Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm. Location: Boys Town Nation Research Hospital -Inpatient Unit.
- Performs a social worker assessment to include factual and historical information, social evaluation (baseline social functioning including strengths and weaknesses), conclusions and recommendations. Creates social worker notes that document the progress or lack of progress toward treatment goals.
- Participates in the multi-disciplinary team to create individualized treatment plans or plans of care that addresses counseling, support services, treatment methods and referrals.
- Coordinates activities/follow-up to meet identified needs of mental health patients and their families.
- Provides support for the discharge planning process by making appointments for follow-up care, work on safety planning for discharges, and talk to families about follow-up.
- Serves as a resource for BTNRH physicians, nurses, and staff.
- Maintains patient records, prepares complete, accurate, and timely reports, and monitors progress toward treatment goals.
- Complies with all applicable standards, statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact patient care.
- Reviews the appropriateness of patient status utilizing approved criteria guidelines. Guides admitting physician in protocols for conducting peer to peer review with third-party payers. Provides relevant clinical information to insurance companies as required to obtain certification numbers and approved days. Assists with the coordination of the appeal process for denied services.
- Participates in quality improvement activities through staff meetings, committees, continuing educational and professional activities.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer programs and applications to manage work; familiarity with Windows and Office programs.
- Ability to communicate concisely, orally and in writing, with patients, families and staff and to collaborate with members of the health care, leadership team and community agencies to enhance care of the patient.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to work with diverse patient groups and their families.
- Masters degree from an accredited school of social work.
- Must possess a Nebraska Social Work license.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with the social services needs of the child and adolescent mentally ill population, preferred.
- Minimum of two years' experience in utilization review and/or other healthcare related practices preferred.
- Must receive training in nationally recognized personal restraint model.
- Must be 20 years of age or older.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: February 15, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital