Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a Psychiatric Technician, you join us in providing life-changing care to youth. The Boys Town Psychiatric Inpatient Center provides medically directed care for children ages 5-18 who have severe behavioral health problems or mental illness. Psychiatric Technicians strive to heal youth and turn their life around for the better by providing a safe environment and monitoring basic physical needs. Building relationships with kids, leading by example, being a positive role model and address positive and negative behaviors are key elements to success in this role.
Schedule: Part Time Overnight. 11:00pm - 7:30am. Working two days a week and every other weekend. Location: Boys Town Psychiatric Inpatient Center; 139th St & Pacific St.
- Provides consistent monitoring and safety of youth under your supervision to assure safety in all program and non-program areas. Monitor high risk areas i.e. bathroom, overnight, time out, outings and seclusion.
- Physical interventions (personal restraint) in the event of emergency safety situations.
- Follows and implements effective praise and proactive teaching (PEM- Psychoeducational model) and model appropriate social and life skills.
- Documentation of youth behavior and activity in behaviorally specific language.
- Builds trusting and supportive relationships with youth through acts of fairness, concern, effectiveness, and pleasantness when implementing the identified components of the (PEM) Psychoeducational model.
- Actively participates in group activities, using effective quality components when teaching to youth behavior and maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Displays professionalism by achieving high standards in the following components: Honesty/Integrity, Learning/Adhering to all Policies, Communicates Effectively, Accepts/Implements Feedback, Productivity/Creativity and Job Development/Initiative.
- Responds effectively to concerns or crisis in the program and remain calm and solution focused when communicating information.
- Experience working with children or in mental health field preferred.
- Demonstrate to criteria while maintaining current in CPR, aspects of PEM and nationally recognized personal restraint model must be obtained during pre-service training.
- Demonstrate to criteria nationally recognized personal restraint model.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality a must.
- Will participate in advanced training activities.
- Must be 20 years of age or older.
- Ability resolve conflict in crisis situations and demonstrate tolerance to work under adverse conditions such as constant interruptions, inappropriate behaviors, and dealing with potential verbal and physical threats from youth.
- Ability to communicate concisely, and work well with diverse professional staff, youth and co-workers.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: February 10, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital