Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a Maintenance Mechanic you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region.The Maintenance Mechanic I troubleshoots, adjusts, and makes repairs for mechanical systems, H.V.A.C. systems, pumps, plumbing, general carpentry and electrical systems within the hospital and clinic buildings. No matter your role at boys town, you help us change the way America cares for children and families.
Schedule: 2nd Shift: 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Utilizes basic knowledge to operate and maintain all mechanical equipment such as H.V.A.C. equipment, hot water heaters, pumps, chilled water systems, steam systems, plumbing, electrical systems, lighting, including all utilities to the buildings. Uses power tools and hand tools to make adjustments and repairs when required.
- Reads meters, gauges, printouts and other recording devices and records daily utility logs; also checks building condition by walking through mechanical rooms.
- Operates the building automation controls system, to view and edit setpoint. Control Systems may include building, lighting, fire and security.
- Provides proper electrical maintenance service throughout the complex and its clinics. This includes electrical repairs to wiring, electrical fixtures, motors, controls, appliances, and other electrical systems.
- Repairs and maintains all plumbing systems. This includes using the proper tools to clean and repair line plugs, breaks and replacements. Monitors and maintains the proper working condition of the building and equipment hardware, such as: doors and window latches, locks, and hinges. Completes repairs of cabinet, counter tops, and tables.
- Carries out a preventative maintenance program and keeps and maintains associated records. Documents work completed and time required as part of the work order system for time recording requirements. Initiates requests for purchasing of materials and supplies necessary to perform the required work.
- Observes the installation of equipment and/or systems to detect hazards, need for adjustments, relocation or replacement. Utilizes knowledge of blueprints, as well as function and design of components to insure both maximum efficiencies and compliance with appropriate building codes.
- Other functions of this position include: small project work to make upgrades or changes to the buildings as requested. Incumbent may be called in should mechanical breakdown or other emergencies occur.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Since the opening of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, the hospital has been internationally recognized as a leader in clinical and research programs focusing on childhood deafness, visual impairment and related communication disorders. The hospital annually serves more than 44,000 children and families from across the United States. With 28 research labs and $7.1 million annually in extramural funding, the Boys Town National Research Hospital is dedicated to providing leading edge clinical care, pioneering translational research, and improving the lives of children and their families through applied technology and educational outreach programs.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted:November 20, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital