Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary: In a career as a Psychiatric Technician, you join us in providing life-changing care to youths. The Boys Town Psychiatric Inpatient Center provides medically directed care for children ages 5-18 who have severe behavioral health problems or mental illness. Psychiatric Technicians strive to heal youth and turn their life around for the better. Building relationships with kids, monitor, and lead by example. Be positive role model and address positive and negative behaviors.
Schedule: 3:00pm - 11:30pm. (Part Time Evenings). Working 2 days a week and every other weekend.
- Experience working with children, preferred.
- Demonstrate to criteria while maintaining current in CPR, PEM and nationally recognized personal restraint model must be obtained during pre-service training.
- Demonstrate to criteria nationally recognized personal restraint model.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality a must.
- Will participate in advanced training activities.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be up to date with all immunizations required by Employee Health.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 20, 2020
Boys Town National Research Hospital