Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Location: Will work at both East and West Omaha campuses
Job Summary: Work as a part of the Human Subject Core teams, with community members, patients, and their families to recruit and retain patients for clinical research opportunities. Connect with families and recruit patients for participant research. Facilitate communications and coordinate implementation of clinical research. Work full-time day hours (some rotating evening or weekend hours may be required for special events).
- Represents the Human Subjects Core team to facilitate research-clinical exchange. Teams include speech-language diagnostics, neuro-developmental disabilities, cochlear implants, audiology, and cranio-facial.
- Attends the planning meetings of each team and arranges appropriate times to communicate with the families seen by those teams.
- Informs clinical teams of research projects and recruitment priorities. Informs research teams of clinical populations and priorities.
- Identifies patients who may be eligible for research projects and communicates these opportunities to them.
- Invites patients to join the research registry.
- Works with the Human Subject teams Technology Core teams, and IT to create and implement effective systems for recruitment, data collection and data management.
- Works with the IRB to seek approvals and maintain compliance for the clinical research data base and the participant registry.
- Enters clinical data into the research database following IRB-approved procedures and follows best practices for data management.
- Assists the Human Subjects Core in cultivating external participant referral sources including schools, community organizations, speech language pathologists, and families.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree required
- Knowledge of communication and learning disorders strongly preferred
- Two years research assistant experience is preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Excellent oral communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain cordial and professional relationships with the families who visit our clinics and participate in our research
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 19, 2020
Boys Town National Research Hospital