Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Schedule: Full-Time, 9:00 PM-7:00 AM, 7 on and 7 off, Every other weekend 7:00 PM-7:00 AM
In a career as a Medical Laboratory Technician, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will utilize knowledge of pre-analytic information/techniques to successfully perform capillary and venous blood collections. Evaluate specimen integrity and correlates tests results to the clinical picture of each individual.
- Records, prepares, performs, evaluates, and reports patient tests, including various chemistry, microscopic, microbiology, hematology, serology, coagulation and blood bank tests. Communicates with providers and other appropriate staff concerning procedure results and their interpretation.
- Demonstrates advanced technical skill in the collection of blood samples and acts as a resource to clinic and hospital personnel. Can evaluate and accurately process samples upon receipt.
- Operates and maintains lab equipment, including calibrations and periodic maintenance. Troubleshoots and resolves or refers problems as needed.
- Prepares quality control materials according to established protocol, analyzes material and evaluates results for acceptability. Utilizes appropriate knowledge to accurately investigate unacceptable results and perform appropriate troubleshooting techniques to resolve problems.
- Assists with training of new employees and ongoing assessment of competence of laboratory, clinic or hospital personnel applicable to acquired technical expertise.
- Associate degree in medical technology or chemical, physical, biological sciences from an accredited college or university
- Must have completed one year of full-time laboratory experience or training in the specialty or sub-specialty in which the individual performs tests
- Registered by the ASCP or equivalent required
- Must be BLS certified
- Must have ability to work well with infants, children, and adults.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 17th, 2020
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital