Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Under the supervision of the Manager MIS & Integration, the Applications Analyst MIS and 3rd Party Applications designs, develops, configures, implements, integrates and supports medical information devices and associated integration into the EHR (i.e. third party applications, biomedical devices and HL7 interfaces). This role will coordinate activities between Information Technology (IT), operations and application vendors to ensure projects and goals are accomplished. The role will also cultivate and maintain the vendor relationships for assigned applications.
- Serves as the Point of Contact for assigned third-party applications between application vendors, IT resources, and operations for support and issues resolution.
- Ensures compliance with applicable standards and regulations of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), The Joint Commission, and all other applicable regulatory agencies in collaboration with hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides support to all assigned third-party applications in production and non-production environments. Prepares documentation of processes and procedures for effective applications support and management.
- Collaborates with counterparts in IT, training, various BTNRH departments, and third-party vendor resources to implement and maintain application solutions, ensuring integration into the EMR.
- Assures compliance to the change management and governance processes. Ensures that change requests are vetted through the change management process and approved by governance.
- Builds relationships with business function partners, understands their objectives, and establishes trust and dialogues on how to support those needs.
- Enhances, maintains, and troubleshoots existing applications with limited assistance.
- Effectively communicates across business and technology teams to define project goals and objectives, solutions, and constraints.
- Assists with application configurations and problem and incident management to ensure IT service continuity and supply.
- Ensures all application issues, service requests and routine maintenance tasks are resolved and documented.
- Escalates and tracks resolution of users' issues arising from application usage to the appropriate vendors.
- Other duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field, or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional experience in application implementation and support
- Experience in vendor management
- Experience managing project timelines, resources, deliverables and constraints
- Experience in Epic or other EMR integration
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services to outpatient visits to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board-certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a licensed acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects, and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 15, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital