Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as an Environmental Service Technician, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor of Environmental Services, performs duties involving the cleaning of all Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH) clinical and non-clinical departments located on the East and West Hospital Campuses. Hospital Environmental Services Staff are responsible for sustaining a sterile environment in the operating rooms and a clean environment throughout the hospital and clinics according to policies and procedures.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday- Friday; 4:00pm 12:30am. Boys Town Nation Research Hospital Downtown Hospital.
- Performs cleaning of all patient rooms, clinical and public areas. Performs terminal cleaning of operating rooms.
- Performs turnover cleaning between operating room cases and/or in between patient admissions and discharges in a timely manner.
- Utilizes hospital approved chemicals according to manufacture directions for use.
- Monitors and replenishes necessary inventory levels of linens and supplies.
- Utilizes and maintains equipment properly, according to manufacture directions for use.
- Transports clean and used linen to the appropriate area in the required manner.
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to required disposal location safely.
- Cleans emergency spills as requested in a timely manner.
- Exhibits good customer service with providers, employees, patients and visitors.
- Maintains "The Joint Commission" standards on an ongoing basis and assists in the responsibilities for readiness for "The Joint Commission Survey".
- Takes appropriate precautions using Infection Control practices.
- Reports safety concerns when identified, i.e. tripping hazards, equipment malfunction, environmental concerns, etc.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write basic English.
- Minimum of 1-year cleaning experience, preferred.
- Previous hospital technician experience in the healthcare setting, preferred.
- Must successfully complete Hospital Training Modules within the first month of hire.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Ability to work required shift determined by the needs of the organization.
- Some computer skills required.
- Ability to use a communication device.
- Must be 21 years of age if working in the Residential Treatment Center.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Towns mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 15, 2020
Boys Town National Research Hospital