Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Schedule: On-Call , 5:00 PM – 6:30 AM, Monday-Friday, weekends and holidays, 24/7 coverage
In a career at Boys Town National Research Hospital, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. We are currently expanding services. Come grow with us!
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the Pre-Admissions Nurse uses the nursing process to complete the preoperative physical, cognitive, spiritual and psychosocial assessment of patients awaiting surgery.
- Initiates contact with the patient/family when surgery scheduling is complete. Performs a thorough assessment of the patient's medical history and current health status, including a complete accounting of the patient's current medications. Documents all pertinent information in SIS and Next Gen.
- Ensures completion of all pre-op testing, history and physical, pre-op orders, and pre-op patient education. Serves as a liaison between the primary physician, anesthesia, and the Surgery Center.
- Accountable for obtaining pertinent information and reports (H&P, lab, EKG, etc.) from the physician offices. Reviews the information and consults with anesthesia and/or surgeon for any issues or concerns relating to appropriateness of performing surgery at BTNRH, according to anesthesia criteria for such review.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license
- Minimum of two years of experience in an acute hospital setting with pediatric experience preferred
- Experience in a perioperative clinical setting with knowledge of surgical procedures and anesthesia types
- Experience in scheduling surgery, or working in an admissions department, is preferred
- Experience working in the operating room is preferred
- Must be CPR certified
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses’ focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 16th, 2020
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town National Research Hospital