Assist University community with University Information and computing needs via phone, email, and other communication methods. This position would utilize industry recognized incident management, remote management, and system management tools to monitor, assist, and resolve issues for users and other departments within the university. These services include and are not limited to providing direct support for core campus technology services such as: account support, hardware and software support, email support, and campus connectivity issues. This position will need to quickly become familiar with University Identity Management tools, student information systems, University Monitoring tools, and other University Enterprise Systems. This person must also demonstrate a strong track record of proven customer service. This position will be considered essential university staff. This position has the potential to be staffed 24-hour-a-day/7-day-a-week
- High school diploma; equivalency considered.
- One year computing support or related experience to include customer service; required.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows and Mac operating systems, software, and hardware; required
- Proven Customer Service Skills; required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; required
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities; required
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite of products; required
- Knowledge and experience with e-mail, mobile devices, and Internet Browsers; required
- Knowledge of network connectivity procedures; required
- Associate’s degree in technology or related field; preferred
This position has a minimum annual salary of $35,100 and works in Lincoln, NE. Please complete the standard application at https://careers.nebraska.edu/postings/1364. Attach a resume, cover letter and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers for three professional references. Please note: Sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
If you should need assistance with your application, please call 402-472-3701.
University of Nebraska, UNCA