Position Summary: Incumbent will be responsible for ensuring continuous availability of the University of Nebraska campus and data center networks. Including the design, implementation, and management of switches, routers, network appliances, and network management solutions. Monitor, analyze, and ensure network performance, capacity, and uptime meet university service level agreements within a 24×7 operation. Troubleshoot complex problems, individually, with other members of the team, and with third-parties. Requires regular interaction with other networking, systems, and telecom professionals in the design and delivery of services; and with end-users to provide direct support.
Participation in scheduled on-call rotation is required and occasional work outside of normal business hours. Travel throughout the state of Nebraska is required.Responsible for implementing and maintaining cybersecurity controls and complying with cybersecurity standards.Possession and use of a personal cell phone and plan for business purposes, including on-call responsibilities, is a condition of employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field; equivalency considered
- Three-years of experience with the configuration, design, installation, and maintenance of computer hardware/networks; required
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems; required
- Familiarity with Ethernet networking; required
- Familiarity with TCP/IP; required
- Familiarity with architecture and maintenance of routers, switches, and wireless access points; required
- Familiarity with project management methodologies with the ability to handle several concurrent projects; required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; required
This position has a minimum annual salary of $65,000 and is located in Kearney, NE. Please complete a standard application and attach a resume, cover letter and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers for three professional references. Please note: Sponsorship will not be offered for this position. If you should need assistance with your application, please call 402-472-3701.
For more information, and to apply please visit: https://careers.nebraska.edu/postings/1365
University of Nebraska, UNCA