Nebraska Children and Families Foundation supports children, young adults, and families with the overall goal of giving our state's kids what they need to thrive. We do this by building strong communities that support families so their children can grow up to be successful, productive adults. You can join us in this most important effort! Do more than work for a paycheck!
This position is responsible for maintaining and managing donor information and the health and expansion of the donor database.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
This individual’s responsibilities will include assisting with fundraising appeals, coordinating logistics for development events, and supporting the agency in all donor fundraising activities. This individual will provide administrative support for NC teams and the board of directors. This individual will manage and assess a comprehensive donor relations plan to assist the External Relations team in reaching its fundraising goals. This position will manage NC’s grant reporting functions and assist in grant writing.
- Manage the Bloomerang Donor Database:
- Entering new contacts and interactions
- Ensuring all important “record keeping” notes go into the donor database
- Pull reports and lists
- Manage email functions in Bloomerang
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure quality electronic communication to donors
- Write and send donor tax and acknowledgement letters
- Assist with special event coordination
- Manage grants calendar including application due dates
- Coordinate the submission of all agency grant reports with program teams and development staff
- Assist on grant writing, information gathering, and submission
Board of Directors
- Record minutes at all full board meetings and committee meetings
- Coordinate room, meal, and technology logistics for full board meetings and work with staff leads for committee meeting logistics
- Finalize and distribute materials for full board meetings
- Coordinate logistics for annual retreat
- Manage official board documents and minutes, roster, etc.
- Provide administrative and technical support to Senior VP and program staff as needed
Other duties may be assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities.
WORK DIRECTION RECEIVED: Works with minimal direction.
SCOPE/NATURE OF DISCRETION: Delegated discretion; authority to initiate and carry out actions that are deemed essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or at least three years related experience required or a combination.
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments including public and private sector partners strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to help staff and partners develop and achieve goals and objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Office equipment and computer software
- Ability to adapt to technology and learn cloud-based software, including Bloomerang database
- Ability to learn new software programs including website administration tools, e-communication programs and social media tools required.
- Ability to work remotely is necessary.
- Strong communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Relationship building strengths
- Ability to help staff and partners develop and achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively present to a group or individual
- Ability to effectively present information to public groups, top management, and/or boards of directors.
- Grant writing experience
Other duties as assigned and other qualifications can be discussed in the hiring process.
Click apply for consideration.
Nebraska Children and Families Foundation