Beneficial Behavioral Health Services is looking for enthusiastic employees who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and families.
Family support service is the provision of face-to-face assistance strengthening and helping families who have been separated work towards reunification. Family support specialists provide services that promote family well–being and offer education and support to parents in day-to-day living including household management, parenting skills, building healthy relationships, and emotional regulation techniques, along with providing supervision of visits between parents and their children in the family's home or a community-based setting. Family support specialists empower struggling families to build support systems, access community resources, make better parenting choices, and begin to heal.
Why Should You Work For BBHS?
- Flexible Scheduling
- Gain valuable experience in the Human Services field
- Health and Dental Insurance are available for Full-Time Employees. Health Insurance is available through independent Insurance Brokerage via individualized policies.
- Supportive staff and teammates
- Casual dress
- Rewarding employment: helping families in your community
Typical Starting Salary Range: $16-18/hr*
*Official offer based on experience, availability, and education
Full-time and Part-time positions needed.
- Assist parents with making progress towards case goals assigned by a case manager.
- Supervise visits between the youth and parent, which requires the ability to hear and see all visit interactions, and will intervene if child safety is compromised.
- Remedying neglect, child abuse, and family conflict, improving family cohesion.
- Building family coping skills, communication skills, and skills related to finding necessary resources.
- Improve basic daily living skills, including better managing the home and income.
- The worker shall be familiar with community and program resources to assist families with obtaining necessary medical care and treatment, appropriate support systems, and required training/education as identified in case goals.
- Provide transportation with a personal vehicle around the community based on the requirements of the family and the case goals.
- Record and file progress reports to submit for weekly and monthly documentation using provided templates.
Evenings and at least 8 hours on the weekends are required for the job as this is when most families can be together to reunite.
Who are we looking for?
- Reliable full-time and part-time professionals
- An enthusiastic person wanting to help children and families
- College Students studying psychology, social work, criminal justice, human services, education, or other related fields
- Graduate Students
- Individuals with experience in childcare, caregiving, counseling, therapy, education, or any related human services professions
- Must be 19 years old or older
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor's Degree required in human services, social work, psychology, education, or related fields (other BA/BS degrees accepted if the applicant has two years of experience in the field)
- Two years of child-related education or work
- Strong writing skills and computer skills
- Demonstrates understanding and empathy for others
- Pass background checks (Sexual Offenders Register, DHHS Central Registers for Adult Protective Services/Child Abuse and Neglect, and all Criminal Background Checks.)
- Pass a drug test upon hire and throughout employment
- Current and valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
- Maintain and provide copies of current Auto Insurance
- Ability to build relationships with clients.
- Strong time management skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle change in a positive manner.
- Additional compensation for bilingual skills (Spanish speaking).
About Beneficial Behavioral Health Services
Founded in 1999 by a Licensed Independent Mental Health Professional and Professional Counselor, located in Omaha, Nebraska, Beneficial Behavioral Health Services (BBHS) is a multifaceted behavioral health services agency. The goal of our services is to reconnect and assist families that have been separated by CPS or the State of Nebraska, by providing support through supervised visitations and family support services. Strengthening families and helping them through the healing process is at the core of our business and continues to be the driving force behind every decision our staff makes.
Mission Statement: "Building Happier Lives Through Behavioral Health"
Equal Opportunity Employer