Beneficial Behavioral Health Services is looking for enthusiastic employees who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and families.
Supervised Visitation is defined as supervised and monitored visits between parents and their children that are long enough to promote parent-child attachment. The safety and best interests of the children involved are the primary considerations. Visitation Specialist workers engage, teach, and role model nurturing parenting practices during the supervision of parenting time.
Why Should You Work For BBHS?
- Flexible Scheduling
- Gain valuable experience in the Human Services field
- Health and Dental Insurance for Full-Time employees
- Supportive staff and teammates
- Casual dress
- Rewarding employment: helping families in your community
Starting Salary: $12 to $13.50/hr
Full-time and part-time positions needed.
- Supervise visits between a child and parent, which requires the ability to hear and see all interactions of the visit and will intervene if child safety is compromised.
- Transport youth with a personal vehicle to and from visits with the parent (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Take notes to submit for weekly documentation using a provided template.
Evenings and at least 8 hours on the weekends are required for the job as this is when most families can be together to reunite.
Who are we looking for?
- Reliable full-time or part-time professionals
- An enthusiastic person wanting to help children and families
- College students studying social work, human services, psychology, behavioral health, criminal justice, or any comparable fields
- Individuals with experience in childcare, caregiving, education, working with people, or any related human services professions
- Must be 19 years old or older
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Requires a High School diploma or GED
- Two years of child-related education/work
- Strong writing skills and computer skills
- Demonstrates understanding and empathy for others
- Pass background checks (Sexual Offenders Register, DHHS Central Registers for Adult Protective Services/Child Abuse and Neglect, and all Criminal Background Checks.)
- Pass a drug test upon hire and throughout employment
- Current and valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
- Maintain and provide copies of current Auto Insurance
- Flexibility and the ability to handle change in a positive manner.
- Knowledge of normal family function, recognizing neglect, abuse or exploitation of children
- Additional compensation for bilingual skills (Spanish speaking).
About Beneficial Behavioral Health Services
Founded in 1999 by a Licensed Independent Mental Health Professional and Professional Counselor, located in Omaha, Nebraska, Beneficial Behavioral Health Services (BBHS) is a multifaceted behavioral health services agency. The goal of our services is to reconnect and assist families that have been separated by CPS or the State of Nebraska, by providing support through supervised visitations and family support services. Strengthening families and helping them through the healing process is at the core of our business and continues to be the driving force behind every decision our staff makes.
Mission Statement "Building Happier Lives Through Behavioral Health"
Equal Opportunity Employer