Beneficial Behavioral Health Services is looking for motivated self-starters who are passionate about helping struggling families find stability.
Family support service is the provision of face-to-face assistance coaching, teaching, and role modeling parenting skills as well as the supervision of visits when applicable in the family's home or community-based setting. Family support service promotes family well–being and offers education and support to parents in day-to-day living, including household management, parenting skills, building healthy relationships, and emotional regulation techniques. Our services empower struggling families to build support systems, access community resources, make better parenting choices, and begin to heal.
Starting Salary: $15/hr
*Additional compensation for bilingual skills (Spanish speaking).
Full-time and Part-time positions needed.
- Implement case plan goals under the direction of a case manager, FPS, and their supervisor.
- Supervise visits between the child/youth and parent, which requires direct line of sight supervision and in proximity to hear the visit's interactions and will intervene if child safety is compromised.
- Remedying neglect, child abuse, and family conflict improving family cohesion.
- Building coping skills and communication skills, as well as build skills related to finding necessary resources.
- Improve basic daily living skills, better manage the home and income
- The worker shall be familiar with community and program resources and assist families with arranging for and obtaining necessary medical care and treatment, appropriate support systems, and essential training and education as identified in service referral.
- Provide transportation with a personal vehicle to surrounding communities in conjunction with the provision of services allowed
- Record and file weekly and monthly progress reports per employer's structured approach and requirements.
Evenings and at least 8 hours on the weekends are required for the job as this is when most families can be together to reunite.
Who are we looking for?
- College Students studying psychology, social work, criminal justice, human services, education, or other related fields
- Graduate Students
- Reliable full-time and part-time professionals
- An enthusiastic person wanting to help children and families
- Must be 19 years old or older
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor's Degree required in human services, social work, psychology, education, or related fields (other BA/BS degrees accepted if the applicant has two years of experience in the field)
- Two years of child-related education or work
- Strong writing skills and computer skills
- Demonstrates understanding and empathy for others
- Pass background checks (Sexual Offenders Register, DHHS Central Registers for Adult Protective Services/Child Abuse and Neglect, and all Criminal Background Checks.)
- Pass a drug test upon hire and throughout employment
- Current and valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
- Maintain and provide copies of current Auto Insurance
- Ability to multi-task and build relationships.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle change in a positive manner.
About Beneficial Behavioral Health Services
Founded in 1999 by a Licensed Independent Mental Health Professional and Professional Counselor, located in Omaha, Nebraska, Beneficial Behavioral Health Services (BBHS) is a multifaceted behavioral health services agency. The goal of our services is to reconnect and assist families that have been separated by CPS or the State of Nebraska, by providing support through supervised visitations and family support services. Strengthening families and helping them through the healing process is at the core of our business and continues to be the driving force behind every decision our staff makes.
Mission Statement: "Building Happier Lives Through Behavioral Health"
Equal Opportunity Employer