Beneficial Behavioral Health Services is looking for enthusiastic employees who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and families.
Supervised Visitation is defined as supervised and monitored visits between parents and their children that are long enough to promote parent-child attachment. The safety and best interests of the children involved are the primary considerations. Visitation Specialist workers engage, teach, and role model nurturing parenting practices during the supervision of parenting time.
Starting Salary: $12 to $13.50 / hr
Full-time and Part-time positions needed.
- Supervise visits between a child and parent, which requires line of sight supervision and proximity to hear the interactions of the visit and will intervene if child safety is compromised.
- Transport child/youth with a personal vehicle to and from visits with the parent.
- Take notes to submit for documentation per employer's structured approach and requirements.
Evenings and at least 8 hours on the weekends are required for the job as this is when most families can be together to reunite.
Who are we looking for?
- College students studying social work, human services, psychology, behavioral health, criminal justice, or any related fields
- Reliable full-time or part-time professionals
- An enthusiastic person wanting to help children and families
- Must be 19 years old or older
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Requires a High School diploma or GED
- Two years of child-related education/work
- Strong writing skills and computer skills
- Demonstrates understanding and empathy for others
- Pass background checks (Sexual Offenders Register, DHHS Central Registers for Adult Protective Services/Child Abuse and Neglect, and all Criminal Background Checks.)
- Pass a drug test upon hire and throughout employment
- Current and valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
- Maintain and provide copies of current Auto Insurance
- Ability to multi-task and build relationships.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle change in a positive manner.
- Specific knowledge in safety, normal family function, neglect, abuse or exploitation of children
- Additional compensation for bilingual skills (Spanish speaking).
About Beneficial Behavioral Health Services
Founded in 1999 by a Licensed Independent Mental Health Professional and Professional Counselor, located in Omaha, Nebraska, Beneficial Behavioral Health Services (BBHS) is a multifaceted behavioral health services agency. The goal of our services is to reconnect and assist families that have been separated by CPS or the State of Nebraska, by providing support through supervised visitations and family support services. Strengthening families and helping them through the healing process is at the core of our business and continues to be the driving force behind every decision our staff makes.
Mission Statement "Building Happier Lives Through Behavioral Health"
Equal Opportunity Employer