Experienced Transportation/Civil Engineer (Omaha, NE)
E & A Consulting Group, Inc. (“E&A”), is an engineering, planning, and environmental and field services firm with offices in Omaha, NE and Lincoln, NE. We are a family-oriented company with strong values and talented staff. Our environment allows people to grow and encourages diversity and innovation. E&A offers a complete benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, Paid Time Off, and 401(k). Engineering Answers is who we are – and what we do.
We are seeking a Full-Time Transportation/Civil Engineer in our Omaha office. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, public officials, and clients to develop public improvement plans. This individual will have a track record of civil engineering. Additionally, this candidate will:
- Produce design plans and specifications for, urban and rural, public/private roadways, which may include grading, erosion control, and stormwater management.
- Prepare civil engineering design calculations, high-level technical designs, drainage reports, and cost estimates
- Work with city, county, and state regulatory or reviewing authorities identifying appropriate design criteria and limitation
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Civil Engineer License in the State of Nebraska
- Five years of progressively responsible engineering experience
- Knowledge of the AASHTO “Geometric Design of Highway and Street”
- Demonstrated experience with Auto CAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office
- Experience with roadway design, hydrologic and hydraulic computations, computer modeling, and presentation of results.
- Demonstrated team player with excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Seven years of progressively responsible engineering experience
- Knowledge of Local Agency jurisdictional requirements for Roadway Design
- Demonstrated knowledge of Public Improvement Plan layouts, design, and processes and procedures
- Knowledge of the Omaha Regional Stormwater Design Manual and PERMIX
E&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, genetics, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
E & A Consulting Group, Inc.