Midwest Eye Care (MEC) was founded in 1951 and is now the largest independent vision care provider group in Nebraska and western Iowa with 17 doctors and over 200 employees. We have a long tradition of excellence and community service and we are uniquely oriented towards our patient’s long-term eye health.
As Midwest Eye Care continues to grow, we are seeking a Director of People and Culture who possesses the talents to build an employee-centric culture that creates positive customer service experiences and patient-centered quality care.
- Do you like creating and executing a strategy?
- Are you a natural builder who enjoys shaping culture to drive quality outcomes?
- Do you get excited about collaborating with multiple partners to achieve a goal?
- Are you passionate about creating purpose and positivity for others?
An ideal candidate will drive HR strategy to enhance our brand and culture, encourage continued growth and success, and ensure alignment with our overall business strategy. They will be well organized, able to manage multiple projects and tasks, and will consistently meet deadlines. The Director of People and Culture will possess the intelligence to comprehend complex regulatory requirements, as well as the business acumen to analyze budgetary impact and ROI of HR strategic initiatives. They will relate well with employees and doctors, coach and develop the practice’s HR personnel, and play the lead role in improving the potential of MEC’s leadership team.
- Strategically plan and implement human resource strategies in alignment with organizational goals, mission, vision, and business operations
- Identify and implement best practices for human resources, and continuously monitor and measure those best practices to ensure effectiveness.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Facilitate team building to ensure strong working relationships and provide guidance to the management and leadership team on HR matters
- Coach, mentor, and guide HR team to maximize their potential success
- Continuously evaluate and strive to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of teams
Culture and Engagement:
- Measure, report and implement events and programs to improve employee engagement
- Build a culture aligned with our mission, values, and aim to be an employer of choice
Development, Training and Performance Management:
- Identify opportunities to create individual, departmental and/or company-wide training programs to support, develop, and/or improve performance of employees
- Develop planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs targeted at reducing gaps
- Measure effectiveness of training through employee accomplishments and performance
- Support the maintenance of the performance evaluation process
Systems Management, Measurements, Analytics, HR Efficiencies:
- Manage the HR budget and other financial measures within the department
- Develop and regularly report on human resource metrics that allow the management team and owners to monitor the value of the practice’s human capital
- Regularly review the HR information system (HRIS) and make recommendations on how to improve utilization and performance
Benefits and Compensation:
- Develop and implement compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the practice and its employees
- Periodically utilize market-based resources and consultants to ensure that MEC’s compensation levels are consistent with the market
Employee Relations, Legal and Compliance:
- Play a leadership role and/or support managers in all aspects of employee relations
- Implement policies and procedures according to the federal and state laws and regulations; monitor and ensure compliance with company policies; lead all communication related to laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Stay abreast of state and federal employment laws, rules and regulations
- Develop and maintain key human resource documents, i.e., job descriptions, evaluations, HR policies and procedures; maintain and protect employee databases
- Serve as a member of the Compliance Committee to ensure that the practice’s human resource framework supports legal and ethical behavior; identify and correct compliance issues
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 15 years of Human Resources management/leadership experience, with meaningful experience in creating and implementing company-wide HR strategies
- Healthcare industry experience, preferred
- SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP, and/or SHRM-SCP, preferred
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office, web-based software, and computer equipment
- Familiar with creating and updating web-based social media and other HR tools utilized for recruiting, retention and marketing
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
Midwest Eye Care PC