The EHR/IT Systems Analyst provides expertise and experience in maintenance, planning, training, implementation, communication, evaluation or new functionality, on-going process improvement, and general network and workstation IT troubleshooting related to the Electronic Health Records system.
- Instrumental in troubleshooting and identifying software inconsistencies, and/or user reported errors and problems.
- Analyze cross departmental impact of individual user or department level system/workflow change requests and work effectively with customer stakeholders to manage competing or conflicting requests and needs.
- Test, install and document system patches and upgrades within the organizations EHR.
- Administration and configuration of EHR system, including building/changing forms and reports.
- Participates in workflow assessments to develop efficient and accurate documentation and training of EHR processes and drive end user adoption and satisfaction.
- Analyze and monitor EHR processes pertaining to billing, form usage, report generation and data extraction in all areas.
- Maintain EHR tickets and escalate when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of product, business, practice management, and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
- May require flexibility in daily schedule, irregular hours, evening, and weekends in order to meet deadlines and complete projects.
- Must be able to travel locally to multiple sites throughout the organization.
- Strong computer skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to learn and work with multiple software/hardware products during the course of an average workday.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year in a health care setting or Health Information management experience preferred.
- Ability to simplify technical language for non-technical audiences during staff trainings and troubleshooting sessions.
- Strong technical knowledge of medical billing and EDI, prior experience with Electronic Health Record systems administration is preferred.
- Able to organize and perform multiple tasks, problem-solve and prioritize work assignments to meet specific objectives under time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible based on changing business and training needs.
- Experience working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Midwest Eye Care PC