Nebraska Cancer Specialists is looking for a full time Patient Scheduler/Receptionist that can provide excellent patient care. This position is in our Information Center, which is a call-center environment. The call center handles calls for our four clinics in Omaha and our Fremont clinic. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answer a multi-line phone in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Schedule appointments, scans and treatments in an electronic scheduling system.
- Take and deliver complete and accurate messages.
- Communicate with appropriate personnel, assuring patient confidentiality and HIPAA standards are met at all times.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, other healthcare providers and hospital personnel in order to deliver quality patient care.
Qualifications and experience needed:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Experience as a receptionist in a busy medical practice
- Extensive medical terminology knowledge
- Effective communication sills
- Excellent attendance and ability to be to work on time
- Scheduling of various medical appointments including scans (CT/PET/MRI)
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Skilled in typing and use of computer
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in busy environment
- Neat professional appearance
If you are hardworking, reliable and have a positive outlook on life, please apply! Must possess and demonstrate Nebraska Cancer Specialists' core values of Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Compassion and Hope. Regular predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Excellent benefit package includes health, vision, free life and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, 401(k) plan, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.